You are viewing a filtered article list. Click home for latest posts.By Antillean, Friday, March 12, 2010
The World Bank has offered to help ease the heavy debt burden of Caribbean Community (CARICOM) countries.
After meeting with Heads of Government yesterday – the first day of the 21st CARICOM Inter-Sessional Meeting being held in Dominica’s capital – World Bank President Robert Zoellick said the financial institution is currently studying the debt profiles of the region’s countries in order to construct appropriate plans to ease the load.
Zoellick said the Bank was willing to send teams to the various CARICOM member countries to see whether a strategy could be developed that focuses on growth as well as good fiscal management and effective use of debt.
- Jamaica reshapes tax package after public outcry
- Jamaican government imposes new taxes ahead of holiday season
- New taxes for Jamaica immediately after IMF deal
- Jamaica closer to IMF deal
- US Senators seek vote against IMF, World Bank loans to Antigua over Stanford fraud
- Barbados in another phase of Independence struggle, says Prime Minister
- IMF to Jamaica: “There will be pain”
- The bane of IMF funding – borrow at your own risk
- Déjà vu? Jamaica’s Return to the IMF, is this the 1970s all over again?
- Summary of the Government of Barbados’ 2009/10 budget
- Moody’s puts Barbados ratings on watch for possible downgrade
- Jamaica introduces $5,000 note, worth US$55
- Jamaican finance Minister Shaw presents Government’s budget
- Regional: Trinis, fearing currency devaluation, hoard US dollars
- Standard & Poor’s: Barbados economic outlook negative, US dollar peg in jeopardy
- Central Bank of Barbados: Another $100,000 in new bills missing.
- $1.4 million in cash stolen from the Central Bank of Barbados
- my husband mike was director of engineering in the late 80's we lived down by sh...
- We stayed at Sams Lords in Sams room, his masters chamber as it was called next ...
- We were heartbroken to finally learn @ Sam Lords fate! It was one of the most ...
- We also stayed at Sam Lords castle. it was our honeymoon and it was Oct of 1985....
- Sam Lord's Castle was not just a place, but an amazing experience that I will ch...
- I'm a foreign woman that married a bajan guy 5 years ago with a child of 4 years...
- My friend and I flew to Barbados all the way from California for a much needed v...
- You call yourself a feminist and gender specialist??? You've got to be kidding m...